Call will be open from 23.05.2023 09:00 to 23.11.2023 12:00
In COMET centers, companies work together with research institutions on a multi-year research program. COMET centers conduct excellent, cooperative research at a high international level. They set new research impulses and build up corresponding competencies and human resources, thus offering researchers a practice-oriented improvement of their career opportunities. They improve technology and knowledge transfer in industrial (key) technologies.
What is funded?
Funding is provided for competence centers that conduct excellent research at a high international level within the framework of a research program jointly defined by science and industry.
The research topics are thematically open. However, the individual projects should have a clearly defined topic.
Who is eligible for funding?
The funding recipient (and contractor) is exclusively the COMET center (K1) itself, which leads the consortium. This consists of at least one scientific institution and at least five independent companies from Austria and abroad.
In the event that funding is awarded, COMET centers must be established as separate legal entities.
How do I submit?
Applications for funding can only be submitted electronically via eCall.
All relevant documents will be made available in a timely manner in the download center (see below).
Key points of the call
Max. eight (four + four) years; the first funding period of four years will be applied for initially.
– Share of federal and state funding: 40 – 55%, max. € 2.55 million per year
– Share of participating companies: at least 40%
– Share of participating scientific institutions: at least 5
– Start of call for proposals: May 23, 2023 (planned).
– End of submission deadline: November 23, 2023, 12:00 p.m. (planned)
– Hearings: June 2024 (planned)
– Panel (selection meeting): June 26/27, 2024 (planned).
– Project start: 1/1/2025, 1/4/2025, 1/7/2025
Save the date: COMET CENTERS (K1) 2023 Webinar, 9 May 2023, 10:00 – 12:00 CESTVISIT FFG WEBSITE to learn more