As the COST Action 15114 Anti-MIcrobial Coating Innovations to prevent infectious diseases (AMICI) has now ended, there will be online seminars, where experts have been invited to discuss some challenges and opportunities for the future of antimicrobial materials, including
- development of testing methods (17 November)
- potential for bacterial biofilm in this context (1 December)
- challenges with regulation and routes to market (8 December)
Please see the speakers and dates below, as well as the Eventbrite link below for more details and how to sign up. The event is free, and will be delivered by Zoom.
Session 3 – Wednesday 8th December – 10am GMT/11am CET will contain two presentations from leading industry experts relating to the regulatory and market challenges those interested in antimicrobial materials may face.
- Speaker 6 – Dr. Simone Schulte, Head of Microbial Effects at Evonik, Germany will discuss routes to market .
- Speaker 7 – Mr Peter Askew, IMSL, UK, considered an authority on regulatory issues with regards to antimicrobial materials will discuss present and future approaches.